Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter from the Merrill's - circa 1971


I hope you all had a nice Easter and Passover holiday this weekend! I came across this photo from a Merrill family Easter - circa 1971! Well, of course, now I'm dating myself. I don't remember the stylish red/white herringbone coat (which my Mother made for me) but I do recall the pom-pom topped straw hat - I just loved it!! I don't know why, but in every photo taken of me as a child, I stood with my knees locked back and tummy out. So flattering! But, gotta love the red handbag - chic, no? I particularly like how my Mom and I matched! Wasn't she pretty?? (she still is, btw!)

And, as for my big brothers, which one do you think became the banker and which became the self-employed writer... one guess!

Tiny Merrill is long gone, but she was the darling of the family! And, of course, Daddy Merrill was manning the Minolta!

Don't you just love family photos?




Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

No comments:

Post a Comment