Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shop Girl in the lap of luxury

My friends Diana and Scott, owners of Trianon Antiques here in Boston, are packing their bags to head to France and have asked me to watch over their fantastic Boston Design Center showroom while they are away. Talk about a cushy job! I am sitting here amidst some of the most gorgeous French antiques!

They have a specialty in antique chandeliers and sconces, which I've purchased for clients, but really, everything is too amazing for words!

I plan on doing a series of posts while I'm here on some of my favorite things, their provenance, etc. But, for today, I'm going to showcase some of their items on 1st Dibs.

How glamorous are these sconces?? The amethyst and smoked glass crystals are just amahzing!

France,Circa 1880
Pair of nice French gilt-bronze three-light sconces in the Louis XV style, with clear crystals, as well as some amethyst and smoke-colored crystals.



Everytime I walk by this jardinier I just want to touch it - the detail work is so fine.
French Marquetry Jardiniere France
Circa 1870
French jardiniere with gilt-bronze mounts, petite-point floral marquetry flower, and original tin liner. Beautiful form, in the Louis XV style.



And I have been coveting this coffee service ever since I first clapped eyes on it... I may have to have a little tea party for juste moi while I'm here...

Old Paris Porcelain Coffee Service with Napoleonic Emblems
France, Circa 1870
Old Paris porcelain coffee service with gilded Napoleonic emblems, including bees, stars and laurel wreaths. The set includes a coffee urn with cover, creamer, sugar with cover, and ten cups and sauces -- 25 pieces in total. The pieces are signed, probably by the person who painted the ornaments.


Oh, and if you're in the Boston area - stop by and say hi!




Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

No comments:

Post a Comment