Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I love a church conversion.



I'm a huge fan of church conversions - or really any type of building conversion. I went on a Christmas House tour in Newburyport, MA several years ago when I lived there and there was a fantastic antique house that had once been a school house, a public house and at some point a kind of meeting hall. It wasn't huge, but had an open plan that made for a great contemporary living space. Loved it. I have a dream that at some point, I will be lucky enough to design such a space. I'd be happiest if it were for me, but I wouldn't mind if it were for someone else either.

So, I am looking forward to the upcoming Jan/Feb issue of Elle Decor as they are featuring a Uppervilled, VA project.  Per the press release "Wanda Crossley has transformed a 175-year-old church into a light-filled, 1,200 sq. ft. that is now Matthews House and Garden. The store is stocked with Swedish antiques, Italian pottery, topiaries and garden furniture. They also carry lines from BeeLine Home, Janus et Cie and Chelsea Textiles.

Sounds like heaven. Looks like heaven too. Check out My Notting Hill's post on this amazing looking store.






 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::

No comments:

Post a Comment