Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tablescape Thursday: A little cake and coffee and family memories

TablescapeThurs.jpg


I've been looking forward to taking part in this weeks Tablescape Thursday hosted by Between Naps on the Porch since I became the proud new owner of these fantastic antique mother-of-pearl handled fruit/luncheon knives that were sitting unused at my mother's house. They needed to see the light of day! So, please join me for a little afternoon coffee and cake. My favorite cake is without a doubt angelfood - yum. Of course, fresh strawberries and whipped cream make a nice addition! The cake stand was a local thrift store purchase for $12.00! The rose glass creamer and suger, complete with gold rim, came to me from my great Aunt's house. The silverplate coffee pot was a recent find at the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market in NYC for $10.


100_5338.JPG

This is just the second year that my lilac bush has put out enough blooms to cut and bring inside. I feel like a proud parent! Unfortunately, I am completely allergic and this arrangement had to be banished to my back deck right after the photos were shot!100_5348.JPG


100_5342.JPG

Here's the entire set that I "procured" from my mother's house. These were, in fact, wedding gifts to my great grandparents, who were married in 1895!

100_5322.JPG

I've always loved this little luncheon set. It was my Grandmothers and were used to have little tea parties together on this set. It's not valuable, except for the memories!


100_5345.JPG

Won't you join me?

100_5352.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment