Saturday, November 21, 2009

A New England Fall Harvest House Tour


I did a quick drive around my town this afternoon and shot some pretty local houses that are decked out for the Fall/Thanksgiving season. By the end of the weekend after Thanksgiving, most of the pumpkins around Duxbury will likely have been swapped out for Christmas sparkle, so I was glad I finally had time to do one of my favorite things - a drive-by "shooting". I have to admit that I'm getting pretty brazen about driving right up to the door and taking photos. I keep waiting for a scowling head to pop out someone's front door at some point.




This cute little Greek Revival farmhouse is located right near the historic John Alden House and I love the wreath, urn and pumpkin display.


This is a town of "tasteful" displays in general and there were many instances of tiny pumpkins lined up along the lintel over the front door. It does add an easy and nice pop of color.




This new construction shingle house sits hard by a river on a beautiful setting with great views. I love the plethora of pumpkins just piled up on the steps. It's very "bounty of the harvest" looking, isn't it?




This old shingle house look beautiful no matter what the season. I really like the naturalistic look that simply morphs from season to season.



Pimp my mailbox.




 This is the historic King Caesar House, which is owned by the Duxbury Historical Society.



And again, we have the little lineup of pumpkins across the pediment.




I love these green pumpkins with the pops of color from the red berries.

If I'm on the ball, I'll reshoot all these homes closer to Christmas when they are sure to be decked out in holly galore!



 Subscribe to ::Surroundings::




No comments:

Post a Comment